Ok, so you want to learn a Gb piano chord and you want to learn it quick right? Cool, you’ve come to the right place. In today’s free piano chord lesson I’m going to teach it to you and help you learn piano in a fun way!
Let’s get started learning now. (Video, diagram, tips, and additional resources to help you learn piano below.)
Gb Piano Chord Video Lesson
Why not take a minute and watch as I show you all the notes inside a Gb piano chord? I’ll show you the fingers I recommend you play it with and also how to locate each individual note on the piano.
Gb Piano Chord Diagram
Sometimes it’s easier to learn a chord when you can see it on a diagram. So, here’s a simple diagram of what Gb major looks like on the piano.
The notes colored red are the notes you’ll play. For your reference middle C is the white note all the way on the left.
Remember though, that you can play this Gb chord in any octave of the piano as long as you keep the same shape.
Tips To Help You Rock This Gb Piano Chord
1. It’s always important to use good fingering when you play piano. This will make it easier for your muscles to learn the shapes quickly.
2. I recommend you use fingers 1,3, and 5 in your left and right hands. These fingers are your thumb, middle finger, and pinky.
3. Practice this fingering and the chord shape enough times that it becomes automatic for you to grab this chord without hesitation. This little bit of practice will pay off big time!
4. There are other benefits of using good fingering too. It will also help you transition seamlessly into other chords.
5. Also, you don’t want to use inefficient fingering and repeat it over and over. You could actually hurt your hand using bad fingering and technique. Keep it cool. Use good fingering. 🙂
6. This chord actually has two names. You could also call it a F# major chord in addition to a Gb piano chord. So, next time you see an F# major chord in a chord chart you can just play Gb. It’s the same thing.
More Major Piano Chords For You To Learn
This Gb piano chord lesson is actually the 7th lesson in a whole series where I teach you how to play all 12 major chords on the piano.
Of course i include a video, a diagram, and all kinds of extra tips on those too. If you want to learn the other chords here are the links.
If you want to learn how to make your major chords sound cooler and decorate them a bit I recommend you check out this lesson on major piano chord fills using the 9th.
Your Next Step
Ihope you enjoyed this quick Gb piano chord tutorial. I will be adding the rest of the major chords to this site very soon. Make sure you keep checking back to get all the tutorials.
If you’re new here I recommend you subscribe to the pianolessonsonline.com free email list to receive all the newest tutorials right in your inbox.
You can subscribe on the top right of the site or on the bottom right next to this article. It’s that easy! 🙂