E Piano Chord: Learn In 1 Minute
Do you want to learn how to play an E piano chord? Cool! You’ve come to the right place. In this beginner piano lesson I’m going to quickly show you how to play it. Let’s get started learning by watching the Youtube video below.
E Piano Chord Video Tutorial
Now that’s you’ve watched the E piano chord video lets talk about some important extra tips that will help you master this chord. I also include a diagram of the E piano chord below to help you learn.
E Piano Chord Tips
Here are some things to keep in mind when playing this chord:
1. I recommend that you play the chord with your thumb, your middle, finger, and your pinkie in both your left and right hands. These are fingers 1,3, and 5.
Thumbs are always finger number 1 in each hand. (If you’re confused by any of this fingering stuff watch how I play it in the video above.)
2. Practice playing this chord enough times where your hands can easily grab this chord. With a little practice you’ll be up and running quickly.
3. Make sure you’re equally comfortable playing it in your left and right hands. In a perfect world you’ll want to be able to play in your left hand the same things you can play in your right hand.
4. If you decide you want to break up the chord and play the notes individually this is a very cool sound. This technique is called arpeggiation.
We talk more about arpeggiation in this major piano chord variations lesson.
5. If you want to learn more about major scales and why they’re important for learning piano I recommend you check out this guide to building major scales.
E Piano Chord Diagram
This is a diagram of the E chord on piano. The notes colored yellow are the notes you’ll play. For your reference middle C is the white note all the way on the left.
Even More Major Piano Chords
This is Part 5 in a whole series where I teach you how to play all 12 major piano chords.
If you want to learn the other chords, and I recommend you do, you can check out the links to them right here.
How To Play a C piano chord In 1 Minute.
Learn a Db piano chord In 1 Minute.
Learn a D piano chord In 1 Minute.
Learn an Eb piano chord In 1 Minute.
I’ll be posting the rest of the lessons for the major piano chords very soon. Please keep checking back on the site. Have fun practicing and see you very soon!
I hope you enjoyed this lesson on the E major piano chord. Do you have questions or have a comment? Feel free to engage in the comments section below.
If you’re new here I recommend you subscribe to the Pianolessonsonline.com email list. You’ll get free piano lessons right in your inbox as soon as they’re published.
You can subscribe on the top right of the site or right next to this section here.
Thanks bro, i like to make music in my spare time, and dont have a clue how to play but no what i want in my tracks, learning to play piano, Keys & knowing chord progressions etc would make life soo much easier.
Thats why someone like you are incredible to dedicate your time to help others, Ive subscibed to your youtube channel straight. take care, love from the UK>>>looking forward to more tutorials
It’s much easier for our brain to remember one thing than 3 things. Teaching students to remember the shape of the chord works better IMO than remembering the 3 notes that make up the chord. That has been my experience as a teacher.